View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 11:49 AM   #7
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbbb View Post
INSET is IN SErvice Training.
I had decided that it referred to in-service training from the context, but just didn't see the derivation of the "inset" term. I am from a family of teachers. At the time I was born, both parents were teaching school, though my mother resigned shortly afterward and went into accounting and data processing. My father taught mathematics in the high school. The year that I was seven, he took a summer job at a bank and decided to stay at the bank instead of going back to teaching. My degree is in elementary education and my husband's degree is in industrial education. I taught school for one year and then went back to university to get a master's degree in software engineering. Hubby started a graduate program in education, but abandoned it when he got a job installing and servicing mainframe computers. (This was 10 years or so before the first PCs came out!) Our daughter has earned her degree in mathematics education and has completed her first year of teaching. During the summer, she is tutoring at Sylvan.

A hobby is following education technology and trends. I'm intrigued with curriculum development -- particularly integrated programs for the secondary student.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote