Thread: Wrong date
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 12:28 AM   #11
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
I checked a book out tonight and copied it to my Cybook Gen3. I am using Mobipocket 6.1. The book synced fine, but I get the same "The Book is not active yet" message.

Upon examination, I see that there are three files associated with every eBook on the Cybook Gen3: an mbp, prc, and t2b file. The mbp and prc file get transferred from the computer and the t2b file gets created by the Cybook - this file is the picture of the book cover. If you delete this file, Cybook just recreates it. The mbp & prc files have the correct date on them. The t2b file date is wrong - it shows a date of 12/16/2008. The problem is the t2b file, definitely a Cybook issue and not a Mobipocket or syncing issue. Bookeen will need to address this in a firmware update.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote