View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 06:23 PM   #1
DoreyR
DoreyR doesn't litterDoreyR doesn't litterDoreyR doesn't litter

Device: Kobo, iPad 3g, iPhone 3GS, Pandigital (Black, Kobo)
1st generation Kobo will not mount when plugged into Mac desktop

Hi everyone,
I am trying to support my Mom's use of the 1st generation Kobo from half a country away. Since Christmas she has been merrily using it and absolutely adores it. She has synced and bought books and updated her library and everything else one does with the Reader. She just uses the Kobo desktop software on a Mac. She does not use Calibre or ADE.

At one point a week ago or so, the desktop app told her to update, so she did, with me on the phone to help her through it. The update was successful.

Today, however, things have gone to hell in a handbasket very fast. She plugged the reader into the computer this morning to charge it. Left it all day. Light did not turn the correct colour. Called me in a panic. I used TeamViewer to take control of her computer and investigate. I noticed right away that the reader will not show up on the desktop when it is plugged in (Manage Books is selected on the Reader). It does not show up in the Kobo software either.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me please? I told her to connect her Kobo to some other computer, but she that means she has to find someone she knows with a computer and ask them if she can test her reader. She is resisting that idea.

PS despite the light not being the right colour, the battery icon displays as charged on the reader.

Thanks for any help you can give me. My Mom adores the Reader but I'm afraid the bloom is coming off the rose. I would really hate to see her turn against it.
DoreyR is offline   Reply With Quote