View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 01:05 PM   #5
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
How to edit existing text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortep View Post
It sounds great.

But can you explain how to use it? I understand you can use it for the (re)formatting of eBooks in a form that Word can read so you can create a good looking eBook from the result
Hi Ortep,
Great question, my assumption for writing the tool in Word was that everyone knows how to use Word. And you know what they say when one "assume".

Okay so getting to your question. There are two ways to get the template to work with your desired text.

Method 1: Copy and Paste:
Is the easiest, you double click on the BookCreator.dot file and a new document opens up. Then you cut and paste the text you want to edit in the document. Typically I have my web browser up to with the target book I want to edit, another word document that I am editing.
The real drawback here is if the document is huge, I'm talking about book pages that equate to several thousand pages, or lots of graphs. Then this methods will not be optimal

Method 2: Import File
shighfield solution is way better than my original method 2 so I'm updating it with his solution. (Thank you shighfield)

1)Double click on the BookCreatot.dot Template
2) Select menu option "Inset|File..."
3) Find you document and Select the <Open> button.

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 08-28-2008 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Change my method 2 with shighfield method.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote