View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 05:56 AM   #10
wowen
wowen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.wowen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.wowen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Iriver Story
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmike View Post
Wowen, thanks! How did you find the Menu Up Enter thing?
Well I just pressed Menu to see what it did Then the option is there to view recent book, albeit not the default....not intuitive but it works.

Quote:
Mine does NOT seem to open at the last page I was reading...I often fall asleep reading and then the reader of course shuts down during the night. When I pick it up again it is usually pages off where I was up to.
If I "close" a book (ie: not falling asleep!), do I just shut the reader off, or go back to Menu, or what? I have been switching it off.
I've only had it "forget" my position in a book once, and I can't reproduce why that happened I don't recall doing anything different, but generally I just switch it off after use by pressing and holding the power switch to the right.

It could be the auto-power off causes a problem. You could try changing the auto-power off timer. MENU -> SETTINGS -> POWER OPTIONS and let it power off after 12 hours (enough time for you to have woken up and powered it down normally, but of course that will affect your battery life, but not too much.

Do you have the latest version of the firmware? Mine came with 1.71 (the latest), but it could possibly be a bug with earlier versions?

http://local.iriver.com/mas/download...ge=1&cateCode=
wowen is offline   Reply With Quote