View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #40
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
...I love The Scarlet Letter. You are correct about that long introduction though. Especially when at the end one finds that the only purpose was to describe how the old set of documents from which the author spins the tale was found....
Exactly. Who cares about the occupation and labors of the man who discovered the documents? I would have left that entire section on the cutting room floor. Carl Sagan said, "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe," but that doesn't work nearly as well for novels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
...I don't get how anyone could have trouble with A Confederacy of Dunces. I found it hilarious from the first page on....
The audiobook had me in stitches. Oh well, humor is subjective.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 02-17-2012 at 11:50 AM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote