View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 03:55 AM   #24
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewjono View Post
Just checking again.

Can anybody tell me how to get the author name to display as Initial and Surname, in either order, on my K3 using Plugboards?
Don't have a kindle, so I can't test this. As far as I can tell from various posts, kindles are very strange, so I don't make any guarantees.

1) I assume that your authors are in FN LN order (FirstName LastName), and that your author_sort values are LN, FN order. If not, then don't read on.
2) uncheck 'use author sort' in the mobi output plugin.
3) create a plugboard mobi/kindle2. Destination is authors. The source box contains
Code:
{author_sort:re((\, )(.).*?( &|$),\1\2\3)}
Edit 1: Actually, it doesn't matter what order your authors are in. What matters is the order of the author_sort.

Edit 2: for you regexp hackers, a note of explanation. As you will notice, the first group enclosing the comma space isn't necessary from a regexp point of view. It it there to work around a bug on 0.7.22 where backslashes aren't stripped from escaped commas in the replacement string. By using it, I don't need to put a comma into the replacement.

Last edited by chaley; 10-04-2010 at 04:30 AM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote