View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 08:48 AM   #1
karunaji
Evangelist
karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karunaji ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Bookeen Opus
document delivery fails via Wi-Fi

Has anybody noticed this problem or is it only with my device? I send Word documents to <user>@free.kindle.com they automatically are converted to the Kindle format. The conversion works well and I can download the files and transfer them to Kindle via USB. According to the manual Wi-Fi download directly to Kindle should work as well but in my case they never arrive. Not a big problem but I want to avoid inconvenience using the USB cable.

I contacted Amazon support but so far they haven't acknowledged this problem. They suggested sending the file to <user>@kindle.com which according to the manual is used for 3G delivery. I tried but unsurprisingly it didn't work. My Kindle is Wi-Fi only and otherwise works as expected. Books bought on Amazon arrive via Wi-Fi normally so I suspect that it is some kind of bug in the system of firmware.
karunaji is offline   Reply With Quote