Thread: Classic eBook Purchase Problems
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 11:37 AM   #6
Trubu
Zealot
Trubu will become famous soon enoughTrubu will become famous soon enoughTrubu will become famous soon enoughTrubu will become famous soon enoughTrubu will become famous soon enoughTrubu will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 2, Nook, iPhone 3GS, iPad
Looking at the B&N boards, the "blank book" problem is apparently being worked on. Still no joy on the PDB front, though - I've tried archiving/unarchiving the book, manually deleting/redownloading, a hard reset of the nook, and finally changing the default CC number on the account and redownloading, and nothing works to get the book to unlock. It works fine on the B&N desktop and iPhone software, though, so clearly it's a nook-specific issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpid360 View Post
Yeah I know what you mean about leaving a bad taste. Hopefully all these issues will be resolved soon. I know it's not really fair for me to compare the nook to the Kindle 2 because it's been out for a while with updates but B&N certainly need to catch up.
Having been an early adopter for a long time, I was expecting some speedbumps with the nook, and I'm perfectly content to wait for firmware updates to improve some of the more unpolished aspects (speed, touchscreen responsiveness, etc). However, I really wasn't expecting the device to fail at its most basic function - allowing me to read books that I purchased and downloaded from their store! Making it as easy and painless as possible for people to access the content they paid for is the absolute bedrock foundation for a good ereader, and I thought it was the one area that B&N would make sure was really solid before release. My mistake, I guess.

I hope they get these purchasing issues resolved quickly, because mainstream consumers will be really turned off by the kind of experience I've had so far.
Trubu is offline   Reply With Quote