View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 04:22 PM   #14
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Straying off topic --- I'm also reaching the end of support for 10.04 (April 2013) and I'm not particularly happy to move to Unity. Played around with a 12.04 livedisc and I'm more on the hate side than the love it side.

I'm thinking about installing it on a old surplus laptop and see if I can get Gnome installed.
Well, It's been a year or so since I played with Unbutu, but I vaguely recall that Unity was optional, right in the install. You had a choice between Unity and. . . something else (sorry, can't recall). You might want to go on one of the dedicated Linux sites and ask around about how much hassle putting a different UI is on Unbutu 12. Seems a shame to give up a distro you like without some sort of investigation on how to tailor it for your needs.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote