View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 11:33 PM   #17
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDuke View Post
maybe i should dust off the old manuscripts
Hey, why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gteague View Post
i've posted two threads on the forum and have received some replies, but not very specific ones. i've been trying for 3 days now to get this right and was seduced into the ease of the initial success to think it was going to be a piece of cake. also, out of firefox, ie and safari, safari is the only browser that will work. ie6 on win xp crashes spectaculary on every attempt.
I've been using Firefox on Win2K... no problems there. But your file uploading problems do sound similar to mine.

Quote:
i thought about adding a new item and trying the original again, but i can't find a way to delete items? can you publish the same item and delete the original?
Not that I've found... It may be a matter of contacting Amazon and asking them to remove the file... or maybe we can convince them to add a "delete" button.

Quote:
also, when i use mobipocket creator, it creates .prc files for me. how do you get it to create a .mobi file? just rename the .prc perhaps?
PRC is a legitimate Mobi format, and Amazon's server will accept them (both of my submissions were PRC files). Any failure messages you're getting aren't related to that.

Amazon's forum seems to suggest that the problem might be in cache or cookies building up after multiple edits, but I had the same problem after clearing my cache and cookies and restarting the browser. I think the problem is a glitch in their server... maybe caused by Borders Gremlins, I don't know.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote