View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 07:23 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DZC View Post
I have a library of about 1200 remaining titles which currently have Author(s) name listed in "last name, first name" format and Author Sort is the same. These are consistently entered across all records. Is there a relatively easy way to globally convert the order of ALL entries in the Authors(s) field to the default of "first name last name?"

I've been manually revising one at a time via Edit metadata, over 400 so far. It's very slow going, with more than 1200 to go. The revised entries have been moved to another library so each library is consistent in the Author(s) name order.

I am hoping someone knows a less painful way to change the existing entries on all Author names.

In the past, I bumbled around with Alter Tag Browser's Manage Authors to change all Author names to the Last Name, First Name as in Author Sort,. In truth, I didn't know what I was doing, but dumb lucked into getting all Author names to same order as Author Sort. BUT I haven't figured out how to revert all author names back to the default "first name last name" order.

I explored Tweaks a little, but am hesitant to muck about in there as I don't really understand it. The only thing I have done is add more names to the copynames part of the tweak. My experience there has been that revised tweaks are applied to subsequently added books but do not change existing entries. Those still have be manually corrected one by one in Edit Metadata. That tweak may not even be relevant to what I'm trying to do now anyway. So confusing.

Sigh. Surely there's an easier way. People must always be wanting to change the author name order to suit individual preference. I personaly prefer a consistent Last name, First name everywhere, and did the work to get my entries consistent in that order in this library. I'm finding it's too much work to maintain. Going with Calibre's default order for Author is easier.
Quality Check Plugin: Fix Section
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote