View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 10:45 PM   #3
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I have used both readers (I had a review unit of the Kobo for two weeks) and have posted at length about both of these devices. The Kobo is lighter, prettier and is great for people who might read one book at a time, all the way through, then read something else. I jump around a lot so I found the Kobo a tiny bit slow and also didn't like the lack of folder or tag options---same issue I have with the Kindle, and it's why I got a Libre as a second reader, to hold fanfiction and other junk I wanted to read but didn't want to clutter the Kindle up with, absent an efficient way to browse. Capacity to store 1000 books is great, but not when you have to page through dozens of screens to find anything. You might enjoy the Sony Pocket too. Go to Future Shop and you can play with the Sony and Libre, then hit up Indigo this weekend to play with a Kobo. You can decide then.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote