View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 06:51 AM   #40
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
(I had to Google Dalek.)

Dr. Whom????? (grin)

There are an awful lot of people who run Linux here, Gregg. If you run into a problem, help is not far away. Once you get it going right, it should just continue to work, since you are not trying to stretch your boundaries but just get the job done.

Viruses don't come out of the blue. They travel on on a web page you browse or on email, so so long as you have a good firewall and antivirus installed on the xp computer and only go to a computer of yours just to get a file and to the antivirus/firewall company to get updates, I don't see how you get infected. This is especially true since the rest of the world will continue to keep up their software. Just Microsoft is ending support.

But you have to treat this computer differently than any other, if you are like most people. No cute cat videos, no getting a cute screensaver, no fetching email just once. I would disable all the accounts on email and get rid of your favorites on the browser.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote