View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 08:07 AM   #289
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
I would disagree. Just because something is popular does not mean that one must automatically try it. The Harry Potter Story does not interest me. I read Narnia and a slew of books like that years ago. Never seen Jurrasic Park and do not want to see it. Never used Facebook and do not want to use it.

Seems like a lot of comments in this thread are written to show that one is not snobbish. I reckon we all are snobbish to some degree about various arts. Plus, some of us like to read for pleasure (many types of fiction), some like heavy reading (philosophy, physics) and some like pulp. I like a bit of all three.
I just find it funny that people get angry if someone states that Stephen King or Tolkien are overrated. They may be famous but that does not make them "godlike" as writers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
Books are bound to attract snobs by their nature. I still know people who wouldn't be seen dead reading Harry Potter. I understand it's not everybody's cup of tea, but to not even try something so popular suggests they are more concerned about their appearance than reading.
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote