View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 04:11 PM   #1
raac
Zealot
raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950
Which sellers are offering refunds?

Hi all,

Two days ago a bought a book on Kobo and discovered after opening it that it's the first edition of the book in question. Searching more, I discover that Kobo also sell the second edition for a couple of bucks more. Didn't notice that when I bought and assumed that they would be selling the latest edition only. Why wouldn't they? It's a technical book, so the edition matters. First interaction with customer service wasn't positive but I will pursue this doggedly.

On a more general note, plenty of e-books have typos and formatting errors not present in the paper version. In future I plan on buying only from sellers who will offer a refund if this turns out to be the case. I think this is only fair since, being an e-book, the buyer has no way to see what they've bought until after the money changes hands.

I know Amazon offers refunds (although I don't have a Kindle). I think Deisel might and I'm checking. I've heard that Sony and B&N will not offer refunds. I would love to hear others' experience in this domain so that I can choose which sellers to use and which to avoid in future. I plan on writing to sellers on my ban list to explain why I won't be using them.

Thanks!
raac is offline   Reply With Quote