Thread: Classic Manga/Comics on Nook
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 10:11 PM   #3
jeffcobb
Groupie
jeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook, CoolER
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellimak View Post
I have a few manga on my nook. I didn't do any of the formatting, so unfortunately I can't help you out with that. Honestly though, if you figure out how to do it and you realize it takes forever, I say skip it. The images look okay, but it's nothing to write home about.
Well, since the current batch of E-ink tech means no color, it will be flakey at best. However on a netbook or laptop (any OS) PDF is the worst, no argument there. However I like the way CBR/CBZ (only difference is the compression method) deals with manga or at least they provide a "manga" mode. Now combine that with the current or soon-to-be crop of Android tablets and since those tools are all open source we can peek at the best ideas for storage and presentation.

Now never one to reinvent the wheel but if nothing exists *yet* and I just got my first Android device (well, second if you count the Nook) and have done Android coding before, why not make something that I/we can use? However it had to start with the basic question of: is there something out there and no, PDF readers need not apply; it might as well be in Braille.

BTW, what is the extension of your manga? I am going to try some on both of my devices tonight to see how bad things really are..

Last edited by jeffcobb; 09-15-2010 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Forgot a question
jeffcobb is offline   Reply With Quote