View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 02:17 AM   #87
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwikobo View Post
This is a "version 1.5 wishlist" thread, then? :-) That'll make the Kobomen happy...

Control the shutdown timer? Now, it goes into 'sleep' mode after 15 minutes is that right? And it comes back out pretty instantly. But it never goes from there into "off" mode does it? It certainly shouldn't. It would be a pain if this were to happen. Will report back in the morning! EDIT: yes it does, after 15 minutes it powers off completely. This is a disastrous step backwards. What lunatic thought up that? Note to self: when installing 1.5 firmware wait for someone else to do it first to find out what clueless modifications have been included.

An option on the menu to remove the current book from the "I'm reading" list.

That'll do for next week anyway :-))

Even in sleep mode, the Kobo is consuming some power. I tend to agree with them that if I haven't done a page turn in 15 minutes, I'm likely to be busy doing something else. Ditto for the 30 minutes from last page turn to power off mode. It doesn't take that long to get power it back up.

The remove current book would be handy especially for the $%^&*() books which don't have a table of contents so you have to flip through 500 pages to finish reading it.

That's all folks....
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote