View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 09:40 AM   #7
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Great news thanks for sharing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yagiz View Post
And one of my first reactions was: "If this goes through: Bad news for Kindle and good news for Sony!" Later in the article it says:
Yeah my first reaction was "This is going to force Amazon to open up it's store. Bad for SONY and Amazon, great for the consumer!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasCorso View Post
I believe one of the most beautiful revolutions happened during the 60s, in US, when finally the control was taken from the powerful corporations, governments etc. and given back to the people. I'm talking, of course, about the Personal Computer, when each individual was in charge of the data. Now (after it already failed once during the 90s), "Big Brother" tries again the get that power back (why should you be allowed to control the computers you own?), so it invented an evil concept called cloud-computing. Which I will fight with everything I can, it's just a too important battle to lose...

P.S. If people find my comment too much, maybe I can explain: half of my life I lived in a communist country, and hearing about a "central location" brings back many bad memories. And more... I just like computers too much (and the benefits they bring to humankind) to not care about them.
I think the culture shows it's differences here I didn't consider the PC a revolution but more of an evolution. It has greatly enhanced out standard of living.

As for "Central Computing"/"Cloud Computing" you raise some good points I'm sure there is a little bit of Big Brother element as you put it, but there is also a great a mount of power returned to the people as this concept bridges cultures and countries.

Great posts.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote