View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 12:20 PM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmarie View Post
The other night I was reading in bed, set the Cybook down for a sec, and my miniature dachshund stepped on the screen as he was moving around the bed -- I was so freaked out! Turned out it was okay, but still, something this fragile is going to have to be improved before the masses are willing to shell out the kind of money these things cost right now.
In fairness it's no more fragile than a laptop - any LCD screen has exactly the same kind of glass substrate that an eInk screen does. Perhaps, however, a laptop's screen is somewhat better protected since it's on the "inside" when the machine is closed.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote