View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 06:49 PM   #24
TongueTied
Zealot
TongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyB View Post

Tier 2 contacted me!

Another factory reset (third now), then connect to the desktop app and sync.

Still failing.

I've cc'ed Sameer in on my reply as per his request in the post linked above.
Was the Tier 2 suggestion worded EXACTLY as follows:
Quote:
Hi (Enter Name),

thank you for contacting our Tier 2 Support Team and thank you for your patience and efforts thus far. We are sorry to hear that your device is still unresponsive. Could we please get you to try the following:

1. Press the home button and while holding perform the pinhole reset by carefully placing an unfolded paperclip inside the small hole in the back. Press till you hear a click.
2. Connect the device to desktop app
3. Perform sync as per normal

Please let us know how this goes.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

the Kobo Team
I got 2 emails from them, both EXACTLY the same. So, it looks like Kobo really doesn't care about this issue. So, it seems the only hope we have is that Sameer is able to convince them that this issue is real.
TongueTied is offline   Reply With Quote