View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 08:58 AM   #8
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
I know a lot of people are not going to like this, as some people do not have credit cards. Personally, I don't mind at all, but what about some younger folks that maybe don't have a credit card? On the Chapters website, you don't need one, and if you don't have enough money on your gift card, you simply cannot place the order. Not sure why the same sort of logic was on implemented on the Kobo website???
I'm guessing that the Chapters/Indigo site is wired to know exactly how much money is on the gift card. Kobo doesn't share the same database - they're a separate company. They might have to go on the honor system and trust that people say they have $X left on their card, but they may not be able to actually verify that amount.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote