View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 10:28 AM   #4
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
It looks like I can eliminate the filter function by using "subshell piping" to allow passing vars outside the loop. Also, after trying a number of string splitting methods that do not work on the touch busybox shell, I found one that does work.

Because this is an interactive application, I want to optimize it for speed by not calling external processes (like "[" and "cat"), replacing them with built-ins (like "[[" and shell string functions) whenever possible.

I will post an updated script soon.

I am redirecting my shell script STDOUT and STDERR to the eInk screen now, and I will eventually use this touchscreen hack to add onscreen keyboad support, for use in recovery (or other) shell scripts, with minimal dependency on external processes.

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-03-2012 at 10:38 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote