View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 05:39 PM   #5
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Just came across this thread again. Here's what I found more recently:

The 300's casing is solid and sturdy, and has held up perfectly from being carried around (often in a front pants pocket) over the past 4 months or so. The silver finish is slightly prone to scratches from when I was using the pouch, but there haven't been any noticeable new ones since I bought the Sony flip cover.

The front and back of the case have a uniform micrograined texture/finish. The LEFT side (the 'spine' of the Reader if it were a book) is rounded and it does have a slight vertical lined texture, distinct from the rest of the surface but subtle. This is an intentional design finish--it sort of simulates the creases in a book spine, although again, very subtly. It is NOT a manufacturing flaw or defect.

Just wanted to clarify this.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote