View Single Post
Old 01-11-2006, 09:10 PM   #8
doogie68
Connoisseur
doogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it isdoogie68 knows what time it is

Device: TX
Problems with conduit and document generation

Laurens, I'd like to thank you so much for all your hard work and great programming. I've been using Jpluck, then Sunrise Desktop, and now I've gone straight to Sunrise XP alpha 2a, so I'm a long-term fan. This program is SO much faster (especially to load) on my fairly old computer.

I've been having two problems:

-- The Conduit is not working correctly with my Tungsten E2. When I right-click on the hotsync logo, select custom, and change the Sunrise XP conduit, any changes I make do not persist. I select the SXL to be used, tell the conduit to load to the SD card, select "update and transfer documents" and click that this setup is the default. I have the conduit stub installed on the Palm.

If I then close the conduit and re-open it, none of those settings have remained; it has the same original settings. And there is no automatic update/load of the files onto the Palm. I even took spaces out of the name of the SXL in case that was the cause.

-- Even if I manually update my SXL, Sunrise XP crashes within the "generate" phase of one of the documents within the SXL. (I created the SXL from the SDL using the command-line program). I've tried removing individual documents that have crashed from the SXL, but I still have been having crashes. I may try to manually create an SXL to see it matters.

Hopefully you have some ideas. Thanks again.

doogie
----------------
update:

I generated a new SXL from scratch and set the conduit to update it. The conduit seems to be working now, but some individual documents are still making Sunrise crash during the Hotsync process, only after all the web pages have been downloaded and the document is being generated. The Hotsync log begins as follows:

Expense - sync configured to Do Nothing
OK Quick Install
OK Note Pad
OK Tasks
OK Memos
-- Transferred "Accuweather.pdb" to Secure Digital.
-- Transferred "Banterist.pdb" to Secure Digital.
-- Transferred "Black Table.pdb" to Secure Digital.
Sunrise XP: Error -1073741819
OK Sunrise XP with 1 message(s)

Hopefully this is helpful for you. If I disable updating the documents that end in a crash, the other ones work fine.

Last edited by doogie68; 01-11-2006 at 10:47 PM. Reason: update