View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 12:58 AM   #126
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaznelson View Post
keyboard-wide.xml errors:
Fixed it all up. Made a few beautifying adjustments to key sizes. One liberty I took, well 2 actually. I moved the arrow keys back to inverted T, and added the missing esc key left of the left shift key. This *should* now work on Touch as well (any takers?). It does look good on PW. If this one works on Touch and PW equally well (and shows the buttons the same) it could be a one-fits-all solution.

Note: I removed all the unnecessary extended="false" statements. Matchbox keyboard assumes it is false by default. The normal sized keys I removed all the width="****" statements. Matchbox keyboard considers 1000 as the standard size for a key. Theoretically it should matter not if implicitly specifying width. Unfortunately the calculations of the relative keysizes only works correct if width="1000" is omitted for standard sized keys. Relative sizes are also adjusted - so specifying a width="1500" will make the key 1.5 times as wide as a standard key. Much better to work with to create a layout based on relative position rather than providing hard numbers.

Attached a screenie from PW, and the modified keyboard-wide.xml file. Again, someone please test this on Touch, it is supposed to work on both PW and Touch, and look about the same.

P.S.: If this one works, I will make a us-dvorak layout by simply editing this xml.

P.P.S.: This one is revoked now too. See post #129 for a improved version by baf.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	keyboard-wide-fixedup.png
Views:	367
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	101287  

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 02-15-2013 at 12:08 PM.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote