View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 08:06 PM   #18
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Thanks. As much as I love to read books, I could never steal one, and thats what it sounds like I would be doing. Believe me, I'm no goodie-two shoes, but thats just wrong. I'm afraid if I did that, when I died, my punishment would be either no books to read ever, or a whole roomful........in ancient arabic.........
I probably would look at it that way as well, except for the fact that I have always purchased a legal copy as soon as it was made available. In addition, with respect to so many of these books, I also own a physical copy of the book. So, I tend to look at it more as borrowing someone else's stolen copy until the market makes a copy that I may purchase. I don't ask the person how or where they came by their copy ... and I frankly don't care. If the publishers want me to purchase a copy, then they are more than welcome to make a legitimate ebook copy, and then I will purchase it.

That seems fair to me.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote