View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 05:40 AM   #78
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Where did you go?
In 1998 our journey (by rental car and sleeping with 'coupons' in cheap motels) began in New York. Then Philadelphia-Washington-Williamsburg-Blue Ridge Mountains-Chattanooga-Atlanta-Nashville-Memphis-Graceland-Natchez-New Orleans-St Augustine-Kennedy Space Centre-Orlando Disney World.

In 2000 we also had the rental car and motels, and started out in Phoenix, then Tuscon-Santa Fe-Aztec-Colorada-Utah-Monument Valley-Grand Canyon-Meteor Crater-Las Vegas-Sequoia National Forest-Santa Cruz-San José- Monterey-Los Angeles-Santa Monica- Annaheim Disneyland-Pacific Coast Highway-San Diego-Yuma-Arizona Sonora-Saguaropark-Ghost towns-White Sands-Phoenix.

Both times we had our 10-12 year old daughter write a few lines + a little drawing each day. I did the same, and this morning when I looked in the traveljournals of these journeys, it was just so cute to see the descriptions of a 10 and later 12 year old of the United States.
It was a big event for the three of us. We all loved it.
And you know what: I recognized the States: the colour of the houses, the streets……because of the books and movies!
Can you image traveling like this? And the first journey when we were on a steamboat on the Mississippi; I actually pinched myself to realize it was true: as a child I read and reread Mark Twain.
BTW: we once had a steamboat in our town- the Mississippi Queen, but it was sold a few years ago.

We would like to go again, perhaps in the next few years, but then a bit longer.
And now I've seen all your beautiful photo's: I'll be planning a new journey around those----Oregon--Honolulu-Mexico-New Jersey-Queensland-Oregon-Ontario-Illonois-Seattle-Anchorage-Georgia-Olympic Peninsula-Illonois-South Florida-Barnsley Town hall- Soll Hull UK and nearer to home: Ghent and Krewerd. It's just too beautiful where you all live, and thanks for the pics!

Last edited by desertblues; 02-27-2012 at 01:06 PM.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote