View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 07:14 PM   #41
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Dictionary lookup is one of those features people don't know how much they want it until it is used.
I use to think it was neat to have "for my children" but now I realize I use this feature as much as they do if not more.

=X=
i completely agree (although i already had a long-standing dictionary habit from well before my ebook days).

the integrated dictionary support on my eb1150 is one of my favorite features. the touchscreen navigation made it practically instantaneous to look up a word and i used it all the time. yet another thing the ebookwise did right 10 years before all the others... i love the 700 but i still can't understand why sony didn't integrate dictionary lookup to take further advantage of the touchscreen. i've made my own dictionaries which i keep as reference (one french, one english) from old dictionaries available in the public domain and i use them when necessary, but it's not nearly as practical as integrated lookup. i will be VERY happy the day that feature gets added to adobe's epub software and i really hope they realise how important it is soon. if they have any doubts even after this poll there are other threads requesting dictionary support for sony devices for instance and users even go so far as to make their own dictionary hacks when they can. it seems pretty short-sighted of them to assume that dictionary support is unimportant.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote