View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #11
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomney View Post
Code:
[root@(none) koboWeather]# python weather.py
Kobo Wifi weather forecast started.
Getting weather information . . .
Drawing to the screen . . .
init kbd.
init mouse failed.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "weather.py", line 346, in <module>
    get_weather_data()
  File "weather.py", line 93, in get_weather_data
    display(days, highs, lows, conditions, img_links)
  File "weather.py", line 111, in display
    tiny_font = pygame.font.Font("Cabin-Regular.ttf", 18)
RuntimeError: Couldn't load font file
Any ideas?

## Edit
So I poked around a bit more and realized I don't have a "mouse" binary. The Kobo touch uses a binary called "pickle" to write to the screen. I guess I'll have to poke at it a while and see where I get.
The "init mouse failed" error is perfectly normal, because the Kobo doesn't have a mouse input,
and it doesn't prevent the app from continuing to run.

The Wifi and Touch both use pickel to display images. (Though I have been able to drive
the Touch's screen directly, see my Tetris port)

From the error you posted, the script hasn't even gotten to drawing anything yet, but is
trying and failing to load a font file. Did you double-check that the font file "Cabin-Regular.ttf"
was in the same directory as the "weather.py" script?

Last edited by KevinShort; 10-22-2012 at 03:40 PM.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote