View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #27
StoryEnthusiast
K. C. Lee
StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
The "cloud" is nothing new. Back-in-the-day(c) before personal computers, we had mainframe computers that sat in a separate room/building controlled by an elite team. They determined what you could do with (supposedly) your data. They also determined what applications you were allowed to run.

Here we are 30+ years later and we're going back to the future. User data is more and more being physically taken out of the hands of the user, and "ecosystems" are restricting what applications will be permitted to be used.
Agreed. But, back in the mainframe days it was mostly companies involved so not much personal data was stored. Now we are talking about storing personal data on the cloud. Personally, I have no problem running apps on the cloud with offline function. For my data, I always stick to the conventional approach of two backup sets. More work for sure, but peace of mind though.
StoryEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote