View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 07:06 PM   #27
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
This already exists... it's called Google eBooks.

http://books.google.com/help/ebooks/overview.html

BOb
I'm not interested in Googles ebooks either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonetools View Post
THIS!

Hey everyone else is doing it. I understand that most people would rather attack "greedy", "idiot" publishers, beat their chest and threaten that they would jump to the nearest piracy site if the publishers don't do as they say, etc, but the plain fact is that the publishers are businessmen who WILL NOT adopt a model that they think threaten their livilihoods, just because some folks on MR think they should.
I think that the publishers and booksellers will most likely offer a cloud subscription model, alongside the present model and I think it might even become the dominant model. People will continue to "purchase" downloadable copies, of course, but only for special books that they want to reread. These may or may not be DRMED, but they will be a small minority of the ebooks read.
I predict that Google or Amazon will do it first, but Apple might surprise everyone.
The publishers can say & do whatever they like, and I will do whatever I need to, to continue reading the books that I want to read one way or another.

The music industry said the same damn thing & we see where that got them. If the publishers need to learn the same stupid lesson the hard way as well, we will be more than happy to oblige them.