View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 02:14 PM   #15
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock View Post
Thanks guys.

Yeah books on board is the one I keep looking at, and all the books I want are not that cheap lol.

I am thinking of getting World War Z on Board on Books, but not sure what format to get.

I am thinking Mobi Pocket would be the best. Should I get that?

Actually Board on Books is DRM, so I guess I get the Adobe one
The Pocket Pro cannot render DRM encrypted MobiPocket books. Probably the best choice is ePub. Secure (DRM encrypted) ePub books render well on the Pocket Pro and on several other readers as well. In other words, you can read the same secure ePub book on today's Pocket Pro and on a Sony device or on a 2012 version of the Pocket Pro, etc., so ePub gives you some protection against losing your library.

You'll need to download Adobe Digital Editions and authorize DE, your PC, and your Pocket Pro, but that's a one-time chore. When you buy ePub books they download an .ACSM file to your PC. To get the actual book you double click the ????.ACSM file and, if you have authorized your copy of Adobe DE, the book will download and unencrypt into the Adobe DE library on the PC. Do a search on the PC for *.epub and it will locate the book you just bought. Copy that to the SD card. If you've already authorized your Pocket Pro just put the SD in your PPro and turn it on.

It sounds a lot more complicated than it is.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote