View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 03:53 AM   #64
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by djstormer View Post
spindlegirl, do you realize that un-drming an ebook is a very simple process using freely available, widely used, and perfectly safe software? Once the drm-free version is backed up on your PC, it's completely yours.
I do know this, but that is not the point. Nor is it the seller's point. The objective of the seller is everything. The fact that I have to use third party software to "fix" something (which, even though it is 'freely available' the how to cannot be discussed here) I bought, regardless of how easy it is, just makes me very uncomfortable. It is all in the principle of the thing.

I'll happily slurp up all the kindle freebies that get posted here. But I refuse to *pay* for something that I have to "fix".

Most of my e-book money goes into DRM-Free models (Baen, Discover a New Love, and the like) because I like to monetarily reward those who sell books to ME, not my gizmo.

Last edited by spindlegirl; 10-09-2012 at 03:56 AM.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote