Thread: Fantasy books
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 05:45 PM   #7
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
I for myself think Eddings can't be recommended often enough
And I, on the other hand, think he can be recommended way too often.* That's always the problem with taste. Although it seems to be a particular problem with fantasy.

I sit next to another fantasy fan at work, and it's about 50/50 whether we'll like each other's recommendations.

*I really enjoyed the Belgariad when I was Garion's age, but it really didn't take long for me to see through it. It's full of lazy racial stereotypes, clockwork bursts of action, a travelogue which visits every location on the map, and a tedious prophecy-driven "plot".
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote