View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 02:52 AM   #11
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
@kranu: people complain about everything but i do like having choices however, if amazon decides to go along with this, i think i'd prefer it to be a separate "edition" of sorts? i mean, if it adds a substantial $$$ to the price, people might get turned off
That could work, but it could be very confusing:
  • Kindle WiFi
  • Kindle WiFi Touch
  • Kindle 3G+WiFi
  • Kindle 3G+WiFi Touch
  • (I know that DX does not have a WiFi model yet, but I think that it's inevitable)
  • Kindle DX WiFi
  • Kindle DX WiFi Touch
  • Kindle DX WiFi+3G
  • Kindle DX WiFi+3G Touch

A more practical solution would be to offer a "Touch" edition only in the premium models. For example, you cannot get a white Kindle WiFi; you have to pay $50 for the 3G. Similarly, they could make it so that only the 3G model could support touch.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote