Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 05:10 PM   #104
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by moffattm View Post
That's what I would have thought. I only mentioned it because I have a vague recollection of people talking about older Kobo models and subscribing to magazines. Apparently if WIFI was turned on then they would wake up every so often from sleep mode and check to see if there were any updates to the magazine subscriptions, even if you didn't subscribe to any magazines. At least I think that's how it used to work, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
You are correct. The old Wifi Kobo (if you left the wifi on and the reader in sleep mode) would check twice in the morning and automatically download any subscriptions you had. I miss that feature . It did have a hit on battery life that would seem to have been more than just from having the wifi on (probably because it had to stay "awake" enough to know when to wake up and check (rather than just waiting for the switch to turn it back on). It used to freak some people out if they had left this feature on and didn't know it and looked at their reader and suddenly it was awake when they had left it asleep the night before.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote