View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 02:13 AM   #2
Kiwimick
Addict
Kiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five words

Device: Sony PRS650
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniquelyMoi View Post
When I first started using my Sony, when I would slide the power bar to turn it on or off, the ereader would either start or turn off immediately, no problems. For some reason though, now I have to slide the power bar multiple times both to start it and turn it off.!
You are putting it into sleep mode rather than turning it off. Its done by just sliding it across

Quote:
Also, now when I try to turn it off, rather than just shutting down, I get a message asking, "Are you sure you want to shut down this device?" which I never got before. And if I choose "no," the reader stays on. If I choose yes, I get an exclamation point while it shuts down. Then when I try to start it, rather than just turning on I get another message "Reader Opening.".!
That is turning it off and happens when you slide it across and hold it for a few seconds. That is normal

Quote:
Sometimes when I get it turned on and select the book I want, I'll use the page forward button to turn the page and the reader will shut down.
Not sure why thats happening but someone will probably come on who has experienced that before
Kiwimick is offline   Reply With Quote