View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 03:01 AM   #51
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by GvilleBridge View Post
I wonder why the Kobo user community should really, seriously have to be dealing with this kind of inside-the-gadget for something that costs maybe $150. Did people do this with the first batch of, say, HP financial and scientific calculators? Must an ereader be so complex?
Ideally, we wouldn't have to worry about it. But, this thread came about because of a discussion between a few of us and the realization, that collecting the information could be useful. From memory, the starting point wasn't about Kobo problems, but about calibre problems.

And did people do this in the early tech day? I'm sure they did. Get any group of geeks with new toys together and they are going to pull them apart to see how they work. And I now have an image of cave men comparing the shapes of the rocks for various uses.

Quote:
Just asking, late on a Sunday on the Pacific coast. My 10-year-old refrigerator is melting everything, so maybe I have doubts about 21st century tech.
I understand completely. When I get frustrated with computers, I always suggest we go back to a quill and a bottle of ink. And if you saw my handwriting, you would know how drastic a solution that is.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote