View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #69
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You can still sideload mobi books but you need to use USB or if you use another method you have to restart the Fire to get them to show up on the shelves.

The change is now the mobi files will open in a previewer of sort when you open them with File Expert. You wont have any features but you can read the book but it wont remember anything and you can't use any Kindle features like changing font or bookmarking. It's just a window with the book open and a back button and It will not add it to books or docs till you reboot.
Yup, I understood that. I just am wondering what happens differently that makes it work when you put a book on by USB versus when you put it on by downloading and copying. I'm thinking there should be an app for that....
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote