View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #992
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabream View Post
Trying to understand the syntax JimmXinu, apologies for my lack of certainty. I have read the Calibre faq section on regular expressions, but part of the question has to do with how FFDL parses.

characters=>(.+)=>Character.Transformers.\1&&categ ory=>Transformers
says:
Basically, I’m not sure whether “Character” is the destination, the class, or what.
This says: For metadata items in the 'characters' list only, and only if metadata list 'category' contains string Transformers, replace any non-empty character string "value" with "Character.Transformers.value".

replace_metadata changes the content of metadata, it doesn't specify it's 'destination'.

Adding 'Character.Transformers.' has something to do with hierarchical tags. I don't use them and cannot speak to that.

Frankly, you guys are getting into a level of complexity that is beyond what I want to think about. I'll help explain the mechanism, but you're going to have to figure out the details for yourselves.

Quote:
Also, note that some symbols, while similar don’t match in search strings. On AO3, for example, the tag _Jennifer “JJ” Jareau_ won’t match using the quotation mark generated using the keyboard writing in text edit. At a guess because it uses smart quotes. I haven’t gotten around to testing whether I can copy/paste the correct one.
Correct. Copy/pasting them should work fine. Or use a '.' instead of '"' and it will match either (or anything else).

Quote:
On character lists: When I was starting out, I did exhaustive character lists for full name substitution and prepending for several fandoms on FFNet, but I found that when you get into the mid-three digits, metadata processing starts to get quite a bit slower
Yes, huge numbers of replace_metadata lines and complex patterns will slow down FFDL. I did not anticipate anyone would go to the lengths you guys are (when do you have time to read? ). I can help speed it up some, possibly a lot, with some simple internal optimizations. I will investigate.