View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 07:49 PM   #18
MovieBird
TuxSlash
MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: GlowNook
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I'm currently reading the US edition and haven't found any editing issues. makes one wonder where that version came from
I'm reading the US edition as well, and while I haven't noticed typos, per se, I'm having a tough time following the dialogue. It's rather common for diaoluge to go like this:

[Person A]"I have something interesting to say!" [Person B]"Ah, but you didn't let me tell you about the 21 course meal I just ate along with all the delicious spices!" [Person A]"Huh?"

Notice how there's no paragraph break between A & B. It makes it rather difficult to follow some conversations, which means I have to go back and re-read these parts.

There's no excuse for this other than laziness, as I'm sure GRRM had it properly formatted on the Word document he submitted to his publisher.
MovieBird is offline   Reply With Quote