View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 03:54 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by KariK View Post
I did buy them, and am aware of that functionality, but if I did so, would I still not get the Date field to be today's date? Also, I think I would have to do them one at a time, which would be very time consuming. I also suspect that Baen uses calibre to convert books into the ePUB format, at least the books I converted using calibre ended very similar to the books I directly downloaded from Baen. Since I have over 500 books, I would prefer to do the transfer in a batch mode and not one book at a time.

I think the only place where the original "Date Acquired" data on my old books is, is the Created date in the directory where they currently reside. So either I modify the calibre import functionality to use the import source file Created date in the Date column, or I do a directory listing of my current directory and try to transfer the Created date somehow into the Date column.
Calibre does NOT use file/folder info on import.

So (bulk) change the date (it will be the date first added to Calibre anyway )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote