View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 09:15 AM   #14
JeremyZ
Addict
JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Kindle 2, Samsung Galaxy Stellar phone
I don't understand why there is so much Kindle-bashing right after they lowered their price.

Maybe it is because I'm American and Kindle is so darned convenient here, but I'm nothing but happy with it. I paid $300 shipped. Bought a nice rugged Patagonia case for $46. Everything works fine, and I have only run into a few books that are not available for it through Amazon. Book prices are good.

Now that they lowered the price, I asked for the difference back and they said: "OK." (Amazon also has very good customer service)

Everyone else is just bitter that they haven't been able to make it as convenient and cost-effective abroad as they have stateside.

Even if it is still not going to be your choice, those of you outside the USA should at least be happy that it introduces more competition. Kindle is HUGE in the US. Sony and others may have to lower their prices or come out with wireless-enabled systems just to stay competetive! Any way you slice it, competition is good for consumers.
JeremyZ is offline   Reply With Quote