View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 02:17 PM   #12
bakura82
Zealot
bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire1 View Post
I only sync collections to my ereader rather than my entire library. Some collections are designated to sync to my ereader's memory and others to a memory card. This makes it easy to control the books I want on my reader. Just drop it into the appropriate collection(s) and it will be loaded when I next sync my reader. In turn, to remove a book from my ereader I just delete it from the collections it's in (while leaving it in my library) and then sync my ereader.
This is a good idea, however, when you say delete, do you mean directly from the eReader? Because if you delete from the collection in the Sony Reader Library (SRL), the book remains in the main library. This also means it remains in your eReader without an association with a collection. (You can access it from the eReader "Books" menu rather than a collection.)

Quote:
I do all of my ebook management off-line...
Yeah, I can see this preventing problems too.

Quote:
When it comes to PDFs I've had great success with them as long as they are formatted for the size of my ereader's screen.
Any ideas for reformatting PDF's that are 8.5 x 11?

Quote:
Even though reflow is available on my reader, I dislike the results.
If there are no photos and it's all inline (ie. NOT newspaper style with columns) then it will work well for me. I rarely end up with PDFs like this though. lol.

What about books between two computers? Does everyone insist on one library/PC only to prevent issues, or will the SRL actually sync on both ends properly?
bakura82 is offline   Reply With Quote