View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 08:31 AM   #5
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBRags View Post
I'm worried that BN will want to sell Nook books for Nook readers only,
I don't think that is a realistic fear. B&N has already granted Adobe the right to include the B&N DRM wrapper in the newest version of ADE and Adobe is making it available to anyone who wants it. Adopters will have access to both the B&N version and the Adobe version of DRMed ePub.

In addition, B&N's ebooks are already known to be compatible with the forthcoming Plastic Logic Que and iRex 800 (assuming that the devices actually appear), and Astak supposedly will be offering access on its line of devices. I don't know if Sony will also offer the ADE upgrade, but I do know that they have had calls and e-mails requesting it so I suspect they eventually will, perhaps as soon as with the release of the Sony Daily Edition, which is scheduled for December.

B&N is (the DRM argument aside) making access to its ebooks available to any device maker who wants it.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote