View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 02:26 PM   #14
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ondabeach View Post
Thanks to the ePUB format, which IS going to completely dominate our industry in the VERY near future ,the news is all good for the avid reader.... and the Author.... which are the only two groups that matter at all.
1) The only groups that matter are the majority of customers. Neither authors, nor the avid readers are more important than that lowest common denominator category from the average publisher's perspective.

2) ePUB is a suitable eBook format the way Microsoft Word is a suitable book preparation tool. Once the professionals actually start giving a damn about the eBook market, both will find themselves crowded out by professional formats (like PDF [perhaps even reflowable PDF due to the popular but wrong-headed approach to the problem) and professional tools (like LaTeX, InDesign, and the like).

I have explained why I hold these views elsewhere at considerable length--so I will not do so again. Everybody is free to disagree--in fact, if you do disagree, consider the fact that if I am wrong, my personal views don't matter a damn.

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote