Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 03:30 AM   #78
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Still learning the "install as usual" part. After installing ksonoads patch (5.1.0 severely reduced my customer loyalty), then registering, I suddenly have ads. I see NOW that I needed to add the patch file to CONFIG.TXT. I won't make that mistake again. Do I really have to flash another 5.0.0 kernel and main to fix this?
Nope.

If you have the no-ads patch installed, just keep it there. You won't see no ads on the home screen. And if you have it installed and also delete /var/local/adunits, you won't see any ads at all.

^^

PS: I did think about getting rid of the config file (for instance loading all the applicable files in the directory). That would remove one minor nuisance (explicitly adding a file to CONFIG.TXT), but also introduce many potential problems: the configuration file can now provide in-place documentation, it can be used to easily enable/disable patches, and (not currently used yet) it can guarantee a particular order of loading patches. I decided against getting rid of it, because the latter 3 arguments outweigh the first one, IMO.

Last edited by ixtab; 05-19-2012 at 03:47 AM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote