Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #375
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
See below

I have several things going on right now and it's more than possible I may have missed something in these discussions. Perhaps some clarification is needed:
a) Are we discussing theories based on closing a cover on a still active Touch/Glo? Or
b) are we discussing events after a unit had been put into sleep mode manually? Only this is what I thought we were talking about.

If a) then there's no question that interrupting the beam is classed as an event with all that entails. But I'm in scenario b) myself since I *always* manually enter sleep mode with the slider at the very least, yet I am experiencing the excessive power usage. Consistently on th new Touch, intermittently on the 'old' Touch.

Obviously if we are discussing scenario b) then a bug is still probably the best description. There shouldn't be any power to the screen after entering sleep mode. The only activity drawing power should be polling the timer for entering full power off (if enabled) and polling the power slider to detect a wake-up.
b) is closer to the discussion.

It is that even though you've used the slider, you then close the cover without pausing for sufficient time after the fact. So it hasn't completely finished going to sleep before you closed the cover.

The idea is you should use the slider, wait (30 seconds should be more than enough) and then close the cover/put it in whatever protection you use.

I think that's the main gist of what's been discussed.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote