Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 05:40 AM   #372
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
My first test last night:
- I used the slider to sleep the Mini
- I tried to drop a balled handkerchief on the screen at the same time (the book cover was starting to show but wasn't fully displayed)
When I checked in the morning there was no drain, even though a small decrease could have been expected (the battery is stuck at 56% since the last 42 hours).

I'll try again with different changes, starting with the delay between using the slider and putting something on the screen.

Note: I can turn pages with the handkerchief, thus I think it makes a valid thing to put on the screen while being gentle enough for not scratching it or something. If I'm wrong in my guessing, please let me know.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote